S.S. Coachella Madness…Still in Recovery
As I am still recovering from 4+ days of insanity, this post will just be a quick overview with lists (I’m a big list fan thanks to High Fidelity and watching David Letterman as a kid).
And why is the ground rocking?
- It was awesome
- Total shit show (was getting the unlimited beverage package really the best idea?) I have a problem with “unlimited” or when someone offers me a drink I have a hard time saying no. I don’t want to be rude. My southern roots taught me to politely accept gifts.
- I don’t think I’ll ever go on another cruise again (unless maybe Radiohead is playing), but more on that later.
- Dancing to Girl Talk
- Dancing in the rain on the pool deck to Z Trip until 4am
- Wine Tasting with James Murphy and Justin ______
- Hot Chip Concert
- A guy from LA Sweat Shop taught a “Diva Dance Class” and it was MAJOR!
I am slightly defeated after this trip since I drank too much the first night and passed out while Pulp was playing. (Pulp was one of the main reasons I wanted to go on the cruise in the first place since a buddy of mine with excellent music taste introduced me to them). They haven’t played in years and probably won’t play a show for a long while. I can add them to the list of bands I will never be able to see live (the list includes the Beatles and LCD Soundsystem). Tear :,(.
Oh well, I guess life goes on.
Top Shit Show moments:
- Passing out early after the wine tasting and sleeping through the Pulp concert. I felt a little like Dr. Steve Brule (see awesome clip below).
- My man spilling red wine on my favorite dress after I had it on about 10 minutes. We didn’t even make it from the bar the the table for our nice steak dinner before I had to change into jeans and a t-shirt (I only brought 1 nice dress).
- Getting in a fight with my boyfriend’s buddy at dinner (too much wine at the wine tasting. – insert sweet berry wine clip)
- Some random guy seemed to be even more wasted than the rest of us. I don’t know if he was on ecstasy or a permanent acid trip but one night he had his shoes tied around his neck and was playing them like a guitar. According to Har Mar Superstar’s tweets, he was trying to “tune the hot tub.” He was dancing in his own lala land all times of the day and night all over the boat. He also busted into the Diva Dance Class with his own freestyle moves.
- Dancing next to the speakers without earplugs. My Grannie always told me I would lose my hearing from listening to too much loud music. I’m thinking she might have been right.
Overall, the experience was a blast, but I don’t plan on ever getting on another cruise ship for several reasons :
- When I go on vacation I want to be in a beautiful exotic location that isn’t touristy.
- I felt trapped.
- After about 2 days, I was tired of a lot of the people on board.
- I’m not a big fan of shopping, gambling, or just laying at the pool so I don’t really know what I would do with myself on a regular cruise.
- My liver hates me.
- Drinking + dancing + rocking boat = yikes
(**Disclaimer: I would get on a cruise ship again ONLY for my dream lineup which as of now includes Radiohead, Daft Punk, Girl Talk, and others…)